In this inaugural episode of The Arizona Report™ podcast, I interview Dr. Dan Haydon. Dan has been performing home inspections in the Phoenix Valley since 1995.
Because there are deadlines in the Arizona purchase contract that must be adhered to by the parties, the buyer should be ready to schedule his home inspection almost immediately upon offer acceptance. Follow the discussion in our podcast episode for recommendations to have your home inspection experience go as smoothly as possible.
Dr. Dan Haydon has a Ph.D. in structural engineering and has worked in an electrical and engineering capacity with the U.S. Air Force in numerous countries around the world. He is a consultant to the Arizona Board of Technical Registration which oversees home inspector licensing and has served as an expert legal witness. Dan is a Phoenix native and a resident of Glendale. He can be reached at 602-561-7272 or www.southwesternbuildingconsultants.com.
Here are a few of the questions discussed in this episode:
- Are an appraisal and a home inspection similar?
- How much does a home inspection cost?
- Should I have a contractor conduct the home inspection?
- How much lead time does the home inspector need to set up the inspection?
- What are good online resources to find an Arizona home inspection company?
- Should the buyer be present for the home inspection?
- How many days does a buyer typically have to perform a home inspection in Arizona and respond to the seller?
Professional home inspectors in our state must be licensed by the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration. To check the status of a home inspector’s license, click here.
Are there real estate topics that you would like to see covered on The Arizona Report™ podcast? Your feedback is important to me. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty. – Tacitus, Roman senator and historian known as Publius Cornelius Tacitus who lived from 58AD-120AD